Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello everyone!

My name is Becki, I am a 30 year old mother of one, wife and working mom. Recently my mother was diagnosed with Celiacs disease and it made me rethink everything we eat. My mother has been gluten free for about 10 months and went from a size 22 to a size 17 with out any extra physical activity. Now, my mom is disabled, has two patella replacements and two bad shoulders. Working out has not been an option for her. Now we eat together as a family a lot so I have had to rethink my eating habits as well.

Gluten free products are popping up everywhere so yes it is easier to eat as a celicas patient. BUT those products are also very expensive. Bread costs about 7 bucks a loaf, which is about half the size of a normal loaf of bread. You want a cream of chicken soup, be prepared to fork out almost 3 dollars for 10 0z. Of course were paying for the convenience of not having to make it from scratch, but there are plenty of quick and easy alternatives that wont break the bank. Through the course of this blog i will share everything I know about eating cheap and gluten free!!!

I will share recipes and secrets, disasters, and failures.

Enjoy,
Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment